Monday, June 9, 2014

First weekend in June - Office Shenanigans, Registering, Laser Show & Golf

We had an "Is it 5'o clock on Friday yet" moment in the office around 4pm and decided to get into the sample room and see what we could entertain ourselves with. Joe had been dying to put on this Lakeland fire protective suit that resembled a space moon walker. So, don't be surprised if you also see this in October for a Halloween costume. This is just a funny, had to share post because it looks so ridiculous. Then on Saturday, Joe wanted to go grab some Father's Day presents since his buddy Garrett gave him a PGA card coupon. He grabbed some golf balls and a cigar holder (clamp) for the golf cart for "you know who" Pops Fagan, I even included a timeless stogie pic of the man with his vice. Joe was also kind enough to get some not just for my dad and himself but for Phil in our office who will be covering for us at work while we have our next doctor appointment and upcoming nuptials. Such a thoughtful guy!! Then right up the street from the PGA Superstore was Babies R Us. Most guys would complain or say "do I have to" but he didn't even bat an eyelash when I asked him if we could stop in to quick register for some items while we were in the area. It was his time to play "cashier" He took his laser beam scanner and wiped out the store with buzzes. Ok, I'm overexaggerating a bit but I think we have about 4 strollers, a few car seats and clothes on there that I'm not even sure will fit. About 91 items in all and I'm not exactly sure we got all we were supposed to?? Thanks to friends who have had babies recently to help us get it all straightened out soon. I was just thankful he toted along and was such an amazing dad for participating with me. Lil baby Joe will be appreciative to have such a hands on dad too! Then later that evening after dinner, it ended up not raining like it was supposed to so I thought it might be a nice night out to go see the infamous Stone Mountain Laser Show that only occurs on weekend nights during the summer. It is a state ritual to attend at least once. You sit out on the lawn, under the stars, there is a giant stone rock mountain carved with confederate historic men, Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson, & Jefferson Davis. It is the highest relief sculture in the world. Then there are lasers on the mountain with music playing in the background. It is mostly about GA history and state teams as well as cartoon graphics for the kids. It ends with a fireworks show. And as far as attire, don't forget your glow sticks,bracelets and necklaces, don't worry, I made sure I was decked out! The following Sunday afternoon it continued to stay sunny out so we went golfing near the house at Collins Hill golf course. I say "we" but I was just the photographer / cart girl to keep Joe company. He wanted me to tag along and entertain him as well as help hunt balls that went outside the main course.haha. The one ball I found was a Titlest that someone had put a heart and arrow on in pen. I had to keepsake it, of course, it's bad luck not to. Only I would find a LOVE ball out there in the bushes. (especially since it was also the one day we accidentally dressed alike in navy blue shirts) Hey the family that dresses together, stays together. lol Anyways, it's a tough little course but Joe hit some great drives. The greens were still recovering from a rough winter (ice and snow storms) so putting wasn't his "A" game but all in all it was a nice and fun outing. Joe enjoyed practicing for future championship tournaments on another amateur course and I liked assisting, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment