Thursday, May 1, 2014

2nd Checkup & Joe Moves to GA! Survives on Beef Jerky and 5 Hour Energy Drinks

April 28th I had my second checkup on our little Mann bean (13 weeks along) They did a typical routine health screening. Weight (same as last time which was probably a good thing since I gained 6 lbs the first go round haha) Blood Pressure (104/58) Low and Good ; Urine Analysis (will find out if protein and sugars are ok) Nothing came back the first time; Blood - learned I'm A+ blood type from last withdrawal. Never knew that, always thought I was O something AND the BEST PART - the heart beat doppler ...(170 beats) strong and fast. I am trying to find a way to post the audio video of it. Dad said with a beat like that he's gonna have this kid mow the yard. LOL Overall the doctor said I'm super healthy, easy patient and all looks and sounds good! It is such a relief. Side note: while waiting for the doctor in the room, I also saw a not so exciting dialation graph hanging on the wall of what will happen to me at 10cm. in the delivery room. WOW scary, seem wild your body can expand to that size. Luckily I texted my friends and they all assured me it will be okay and all will snap back in place soon after. Whew! Anyways.... The very next day, April 29th, Joe packed up his apartment and left his jobsite in Dallas to drive to Atlanta! Hooray!! I couldn't wait for him to get here and he said he felt like he couldn't get here fast enough. We had been having bad weather so I was nervous too (bad rain storms and even tornados) However, he drove straight through the night with a jar of Beef Jerky from Love's for dinner (I call it dinner because it was $35 worth, ha) as well as a few energy drinks to arrive here at 4am. (12 hr drive) It felt like a dream to hear him walking down the bedroom hallway. I had asked him to take pictures to document his journey for the blog but since it was pitch dark the entire trip except for a little bit of Louisiana trees, I would say I would post pics he took but instead it would be a black picture box of nothing. Oh well, you get the idea. Waiting for him here, was an official PeachPass for the Georgia highways. I registered his truck so he can quickly fit in with the rest of the Georgia drivers in the wild rush hour traffic. I call it "access to the special lane" It is like an HOV lane that you can get in solo if you pay to get this pass. I use mine all the time so I made sure he had one, it is a lifesaver at times. The next couple days he spent in the office with me learning work stuff including stupid Unistrut that left us both agitated but soon it was the weekend. Friday night we spent at Jazzfest downtown Suwanee in the park. It was Food Truck Friday. The first truck we saw was "Texas Tacos" It was too ironic! However the lines were so long we went to the shortest one and had gourmet popcorn and carmelized pretzels as appetizers while listening to the music. Then walked over to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. At the end of the meal, he got a fortune cookie, FINALLY! He had been in Dallas since Feb, ordered Chinese delivery on many occasions and never once got one. Preposterous!! It literally made me mad because that is the best part...it determines your destiny. With that being said, his fortune cookie this time (no lie) said "Travelling to the East will bring you great rewards" The irony of his recent move here, East of TX. A great sign. We look forward to it all.

1 comment:

  1. Fortune not lie for boy who move east!!! I love your blog! You guys have way too much fun together. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete