Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sept / Oct Updates (weeks 33 to 37)

Besides just trying to make this house a home for the past month, we have had a few other things going on here. However, don't get me wrong, we have been trying to do as much as possible during the week and weekends to "fill space" as we say, lol, so that alone has kept us pretty busy in our own little world. The two most complete rooms are probably the dining room (for our upcoming Thanksgiving celebration) and the nursery for "junior" who surprisingly is sneaking up on us. Only 3 more weeks to go! More to report here....we had the doctor suggest an ultrasound yesterday to make sure he is still growing accordingly. If not, he was ready to induce but I was ohhh not ready just yet. Apparently he thought my belly looks small this week but come to find out I have lots of hiding spots and room so it doesn't poke out. He is snug with plenty of fluid and nutrients deep within. At 7lbs and 56 percentile, he is right on track. 155 heart rate and limbs measuring on point for his gestation. No worries but we got some cute pics out of the ordeal! Yay, I love checking up on him. Look he has his dads pouty lips and the Fagan chin, adorable! Some other things we have been up to are weekend activities like visiting my Aunt Candy and Uncle Mike at their second home in Keowee,SC. The guys went golfing, the girls went shopping and cooked dinner. We all spent the night and enjoyed a little getaway together. Visited our friends house for a full day of college football games, went to the Square in Lawrenceville for Rock n Ribville, and had my parents over for a cookout. Dad and Joe did a dry run with the turkey fryer to make sure they had the Thanksgiving touch. We deep fried a 3 lb small turkey, lobster tails and french fries. It was quite delicious! We also had our first baby classes at the hospital, Newborn Care and Breastfeeding Basics (luckily Joesph wasn't the only guy there, phew, I would've felt bad but would have felt worse if I was the only one without a partner, ha) They are a couple hours long from 7-9pm after work at Gwinnett Medical with about a total of 10 couples (someone even brought their parents for a refresher course, interesting). We are both glad we picked up some nuggets of information in preparation but no matter how prepared you think you are, you aren't ...are the dear words of my friend Ashley. So we also know we are ready to "wing it" by the seat of our pants. Yet we still hang the certificates they gave us for attending the class on our fridge with pride, lol. And finally, I got to redeem my birthday present that Joseph had given me for my birthday. I met my mom on the square in Gainesville at Princeton Spa for a massage. I told the lady to please focus on my feet and shoulders. Wow, amazing, I think she temporarily healed my swollen feet from all the moving and fluid accumulation. It felt like a miracle. There was also the Mule Camp yearly festival going on that same weekend so we made a day of it downtown Gainesville. It was a nice fall day to play "hookie" from work. So other than all this it's just been basic work weeks, getting the townhouse ready for the renter, painting or shopping, chasing Allstate for our claim and wondering if our little guy will come early or right on time. To be continued....Ps - ask Joe about his feelings on getting a flu shot, haha

No comments:

Post a Comment