Monday, April 28, 2014

First weekend in April - Dallas

As promised, Joe and I were to take turns travelling from TX to GA and GA to TX until he moves here, it was my turn to return to see him. It never comes fast enough! We had a new celebration to share together and lots to plan for. However, it was still early on so we just wanted to enjoy each others company for the most part. The weekends fly by in the blink of an eye so we try to make the most of them. I came in Thursday night and unfortunately it was nasty weather, it was hailing in Denton but thankful my plane bypassed it all. It was only merely raining in Plano. Joe skid in sideways and threw me and my baggage into the back of his truck bed as usual and we were off like Bonnie and Clyde to Pappadeaux for some din-din. Guess what my man had to eat??? One guess...yep, Shrimp! I am trying to think of a dinner where he didn't have a burger or shrimp for his meal. I am starting to catch on here. He would probably say he can't remember a meal I didn't want a soup or have a bag of candy in my purse. The weather threw me for a loop over the weekend. I packed completely wrong. I left Atlanta in a sundress and 70 degree weather to come into a cold 40 something and rainy. Our outdoor plans of the amusement park, TopGolf and frolicking around town lead to "hmmm what can we do inside" I wasn't sure if shivering was a pregnancy symptom but I sure couldn't get warm. Joe is half bear so he stays warm and hibernates at times. I was not worried about him. So our indoor idea lightbulb went off...okay I say "our" it was probably just mine. They have a store (Robbins Brothers) in Dallas called "World's Largest Engagement Store" Oh boy Oh boy...I love looking at jewels and never got to go ring shopping before so we spent half our day there until we agreed on one. My pearly whites had one of those sparkles when I smiled :) All Joe cared about was making me happy, isn't he the sweetest?! I should probably let him interject his own statement here and speak his inner thoughts. This could be interesting HA. Oh well, they also served him a Shiner Bock so that kept him content a little longer than usual. We also picked out his wedding band which I also love by the way. We DID NOT go with the camo colored one, I am sorry to say it just didn't have the shine as the others did. I had never even seen such a thing before in my life. Joe insisted it would show his roots but I know he was just pulling my chain to get a reaction. Next we were off to a celebration dinner at 3 Forks. We bypassed valet of course, I don't dare ask why anymore(inside joke)and can brag by saying we were the only ones in the parking lot with a truck bed full of bright orange scaffolding shooting out in every direction. You have to laugh because celebrities who have eaten there in the past (and when I say past I mean even Patrick Swayze from Dirty Dance days) have their face shots framed on the wall & autographed them as well. Joe was shocked that "Joe Mann, former Championship Quarterback of Blanco Texas Panthers" was not going to be hung after he left. He still signed his napkin just in case someone wanted it. It was nice though when we made the reservation we did name drop and tell them our reason for dining with them was engagement so they brought us dessert on the house. Waiter first suggested a coconut something or other and that was a quick "thanks but no thanks" but brought out a yummy cheesecake. Joe's overall favorite was the Sweet Potato hash which was a side but tasted like a dessert. Look at the pic to see all the food portions, it was amazing. !! Also, what would a weekend with Joe and Bridget be without us going to Dave n Busters and a round or two of bowling, unconventional. Therefore, this was once again a staple outing we had over the weekend. Immediately another idea bulb went off "We need to join a bowling league for fun!" Yes, I can say we have now officially put in our application here in Buford, GA for one and more details to follow on this Pub and Grub team....We did not disclaim the fact that I was pregnant for a handicap. We want no special treatment if they even ask for handicaps even if this is only offered in golf. Either way, we will both bring our "A" game and strive to always score 100 points (between the two of us) Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment