Monday, April 28, 2014

March secret...revealed!

Saving the best for last(literally)during this busy month, on March 31st around 11:30am I was at my doctors appointment scheduled at Maternal Gynerations (not far from the office) to confirm this secret that Joe and I had been holding in. There it was, in black and white, our little bean was seen on the screen growing fast and healthy at 9 weeks to the day. A strong 169 heartbeat. I couldn't text it fast enough to Joe. "It's a baby" We were both surprised and excited at the same time. I was so convinced the whole pregnancy wasn't happening because I felt no sickness, my symptoms seemed to be non-existant. I was bloated and the scale showed it. A whooping 6lbs gained already of water weight. Joe joked that if there wasn't a baby in there, I might try working out. Very funny! I know, I know! They finished the appt by drawing about 5 viles of blood, asked me if I had questions, gave me a packet of info, said everything with me and the baby looked healthy so far. Then I had to share the news with a few close friends,my aunt & of course my hairstylist, I had a hair appt that night and even she almost cried. I mean what is a hair appt without some good local gossip, am I right ladies??? I just couldn't hold it in. I respected Joe's wish by refraining to tell my parents as he wanted to do that in person as well as ask my dad properly for my hand in marriage first. This was our next journey. He wanted my family to know his intentions were the same with or without the bundle of joy. All so exciting and overwhelming but I knew I didn't want to experience this with anyone but Joe. We have an amazing connection and bond so I was feeling blessed. I would like to say he feels the same way but I will let him tell you in person. haha I don't want to embarrass him too much here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment